No apologies

I would never get an apology, for anything. Not a real one anyways, just the sometimes one intended for him to just move on already to more fun and exciting things. Like finding other women, social media, games, youtube, socializing and leeching.

He constantly implied that I was stupid enough to believe these "sincere" apologies. The "I'm sorry" is always followed by a "but."

That "but" directly negates what is said directly before it.  He loved this word also. A couple times I pointed out to him to not bother if he's going to follow it with a  "but".

He tried do whatever it would take to trap me in his web of lies. I watched as he saw me swallow down the little ones, then the bigger ones he got away with. He thought I was hooked, that I would believe anything he tells me. Any time I called him out on his lies, he'd just tell a different one. Try to rewrite history.

So how do you know what a true apology is versus a Narc's fake one? A real apology will consist of three parts:
the I'm sorry,
the I was wrong,
and the how can I make it better.
A Narc won't do that. Why? Because that will show vulnerability, and a Narc can't have that.

A real apology will see you at the core, as in "You are hurting because..." A Narc apology will have themselves at the core, as in "I am hurting because you...."

So what is the reasoning for the Narc's fake apology?  He knew I found out vital info that will expose him, and he will do whatever it takes to divert the attention away from himself. He twists it around and blames me!

Words mean nothing if actions remain the same. When we are the recipient of these fake apologies, we are left feeling empty and not valued. I've felt this way countless times. I always felt like my thoughts and feelings were never validated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Deal with Gaslighting and Stop Your Manipulator in Their Tracks

3 Self-Defeating Habits That Destroy Happiness

4 signs you had a codependent upbringing that affects your adult relationships, according to a therapist